Saturday, January 5, 2008

Facebook vs Myspace

I doubt there is not one person who doesn't have either Myspace or Facebook. Which one they prefer is a completely different question in itself. For me, I personally take a liking to Myspace because, well...I know how to use it! I know others would disagree in saying that Facebook is a better social network because it's features are in a league of their own.

Some would consider Myspace to be like Bebo, a place where fifteen year old sluts attempt to hook up. I take a different approach and see Myspace as a popular place for people to promote themselves. Bands and djs are promised a large audience and thus their work exposed. Its easy for fans to be notified of where their favourite artists are playing and show their support.

As someone who had Myspace first, and then tried to set up Facebook, the whole 'attempt' didn't last very long. I like Myspace better because the layout is ultimately up to you, whereas with Facebook, everyone pretty much has the same look whilst having different applications. However with Myspace, it seems like it's a battle with everyone to have as many friends as possible. With Facebook, your friend list probably consists of your 'real friends'.

The choice is up to you!

No comments: