Friday, January 4, 2008

Movie Ettiquette

These days a movie will cost you around $15 (at the most) in a cinema, not unless you go on 'Tightarse Tuesday' where the prices are marginally discounted. Quite recently I saw 'I am Legend' starring Will Smith. While watching 'Atonement' a few days before, I happened to see Will Smith exercising in the movie's preview, and decided it was reason enough to go actually see it haha.


As a regular moviegoer, I enjoy splurging at the candy bar. Large combos with lollies and choc tops are a must! The cinemas that I went to provided allocated seating, which has its positives and negatives either way. A postive being you can take as long as you like and are ensured where and what seat is yours. The downside, your guaranteed to rock up to your seat and find that some moron thinks it's their own. Luckily, when I got to my seat there was no need for uncessary confrontations with a complete stranger.

What annoyed me the most was that the movie timetable outlined that the movie was to start at 11:00am, and when arriving at that time I had already managed to miss the first 10 minutes. Although, it didn't take alot for me to realise what had happened....the world was ending yet again and there was one man left!

Everyone has the habit of putting their feet up in the movies. It's normal to rest your feet in between the seats in front of you or resting them on the top of the seat as long as the employees don't see you doing it or there's no one there actually sitting on the seat.

Here I am enjoying my choc top and popcorn, when some retard decides to poke me with their exposed foot in betweeen the seats! How many times do I have to emphasise the fact that feet are not cool? At first I didn't say anything because I thought it was just a one-off thing, I'm sure they didn't mean to do it! After a few more knocks, I turned around and let them have it!
What do I look like a bloody footrest?

I did enjoy the movie, but as soon as it ended, I made sure to send a death stare to the annoying idiots behind me. What shocked me the most was that they were two middle aged women.

Who says you still can't be stupid when your older!


No comments: