Saturday, January 5, 2008

Gossip Girl

"Your no one unless your talked about"

This probably has to be one of my favourite shows to start this summer!

The creators of The OC have come with another hit, although I was one of the late ones to jump on the bandwagon and discover how interesting the OC was. I know the whole theme has been done before, a group of rich kids experiencing life as it comes to them.

As materialistic and superficial as it sounds, how can the lives of the incredibly wealthy, whose superiority and reputations have to be upheld everday not be interesting? It follows a tight knit power clique of rich and beautiful teenagers that live the life of New York's wealthiest.

My obsession with the show has a little to do with the guys in the cast, I mean I'll be perfectly honest, they are pretty on the eyes. Normally, I wouldn't find myself interested in the 'pretty boy' type of guy, but I can't help but be intrigued. I won't go into details with mentioning the names and who the actors play. I think visuals and character labels will help deliver my message haha.

The Boys
Chuck, Nate and Dan




The Smart One




The Rich Little Daddy's Boy



The Arrogant, Rich Bad Boy





The Girls

Serena and Blair



The Popular One Who Returned




The Jealous Best Friend Who Was Left Behind

While watching the show, secrets are discovered and the plot unfolds. I won't give away details because I think I'll just kill the interest I think this show stirs. If your a fan of teenage love, bitchyness (both from girls and boys), reputation and gossip. Then check this show out!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg i love this show. you didn't mention the clothes, makes me jealous haha.